DR. JOSEPH A. MURPHY, DC
Dr. Joseph A. Murphy, DC is a Functional Medicine Specialist in Newport Beach, CA that concentrates his practice to the management of acute and chronic health conditions.
Dr. Joseph A. Murphy, DC is an expert in managing and supporting “tough cases” such as Lyme Disease, Autoimmune, and Post-Covid Long Haul. He is widely recognized as a leader in the non-drug, non-surgical treatment and support of chronic pain, chronic neurological and metabolic conditions such as autoimmune disorders, shingles (Herpes Zoster), POTS – dizziness/vertigo, fibromyalgia, migraine headaches, IBS/Crohns/Celiac, anxiety and depression.
His clinic has always been on the cutting edge of the healthcare industry.
Dr. Joseph A. Murphy, DC was raised in Long Island, New York. He was a natural athlete, playing soccer and surfing. Starting at the age of 13 he worked on the Great South Bay as a commercial shellfish harvester, an extremely demanding physical job, cementing a lifelong work ethic.
Moving to Los Angeles in 1985 and Newport Beach shortly after, Dr. Murphy has made a home in the Newport Beach/Corona Del Mar/Costa Mesa area since then.
He graduated from Los Angeles College of Chiropractic in 1997 and opened his first practice in Costa Mesa for 17 years. Then in 2014, he moved to our current Newport Beach office.
In 2009, Dr. Murphy started investigating a change in his career path; finding functional medicine, functional neurology, genetics, homeopathy, and frequency medicine, as a viable practice choice.
Finding that this combination was a perfect choice for alternative Lyme disease treatments and programs, he has successfully helped hundreds of patients across the globe.
Dr. Murphy currently resides in Costa Mesa with his wife of 30+ years and his three wonderful cats. In Dr. Murphy’s spare time, he enjoys surfing, skiing, martial arts and cooking.
Dr. Murphy also has 30+ years of active involvement in the men’s recovery community.
PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS INCLUDE
- Doctor of Chiropractic
- Certified Functional Neurology
- Certified Functional Medicine
- Currently training in Fellowship @American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- California State Chiropractic License
- California X-ray Supervisors License
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- Functional Medicine University, Postdoctoral Studies in Functional Medicine, 2013
- Field Control Therapy /Living Systems Bio-Resonance Therapy ,2015
- University of Bridgeport, Neuroendocrine & Immunology, 2012- present
- University of Bridgeport, Mastering Brain Chemistry, 2013
- University of Bridgeport, Mastering Functional Blood Chemistry, 2013
- University of Bridgeport, The Gluten and the Leaky Gut 2012
- University of Bridgeport, Mastering the Thyroid, 2012
- QRA-Quantum Reflex Analysis , 2012
- Los Angeles College of Chiropractic, Doctorate of Chiropractic, 1994-1997
Stephanie has been in administration for over 12 years, and in healthcare administration for over 6 years. She has a young daughter who is her little ray of sunshine. Outside of the office she spends her time as a Personal Trainer, teaching people proper nutrition and how to reach their fitness goals. She enjoys running, reading, and spending time at home with family.
Gabriela has been in administration for 2 years, and she is also an ultrasound technician. Outside of the office she spends her time cooking and baking, watching true crime documentaries, going to the beach to soak up some sun, and spending time with family and friends.